News - Page 2
July 1, 2018
July Holiday Hours
Our office will be closed Wednesday, July 4th and Friday, July 6th to give our employees time off to celebrate Independence Day.
June 21, 2018
Happy 50th Birthday, John!
BWI Eagle is celebrating our Product Engineer John's 50th birthday today!
When he arrived at work this morning, John was greeted with an office full of birthday balloons and some good-hearted jokes at his expense. Good thing John has a good sense of humor about being "over the hill".
After putting up with our "old-man" jokes all day, we tried to make it up to John with some birthday cheese cake and a card signed by the entire BWI Eagle Team.
Happy Birthday, John!
June 1, 2018
Introducing Our Newly Redesigned Eagle/Optima Systems!
Our ever-popular Eagle and Optima product lines of Critical Speed Switches have been updated with some exciting new benefits.
Like our traditional models, the new Eagle and Optima units monitor speed and detect motion in all types of rotating electrical apparatus. The flexibility of one to three independent channels have always allowed for a variety of control functions to meet virtually any application requirement for under-speed or zero-speed detection from 6 RPM up to 800 RPM.
Some of the exciting advantages to our new design include:
- Fiberglass windowed NEMA 4 Enclosure – higher NEMA rating, now water tight, not prone to rust/corrosion like old NEMA 12 enclosure.
- All components sealed inside enclosure---window allows for visual confirmation of operation without having LED lights exposed to the elements.
- Same size enclosure for 1, 2 and now 3 channel units – same footprint means no more re-drilling if additional monitoring channels are required.
- All common speed ranges are included. On-board “DIP” switches allow 1 model to cover multiple application speeds.
- Speed calibration LEDS improved for easy setup at any speed.
- “First Out” capability now available in the 3-channel model.
May 25, 2018
In honor of Memorial Day, our office will be closed Monday, May 28th.
We will reopen for business Tuesday, May 29th.
April 16, 2018
BWI Eagle Shares Hometown with Another Historic Innovator
BWI Eagle's hometown of Butler, Pennsylvania is known for more than manufacturing world class remote controls.
Butler is the birthplace of one of the most famous vehicles in the world - the Jeep. In 1940, the US Army, knowing they would soon be drawn into WWII, contracted The American Bantam Car Company of Butler, PA to design a new multi-purpose, 4-wheel drive vehicle that could be used to transport troops and equipment over all kinds of terrain. In an incredible 45 days, the engineers at Bantam designed and delivered a prototype: the first Jeep. The Department of the Army was impressed and ordered 600,000 more. Because Bantam was a small company and could not produce the vehicles as fast as the Army needed them, the blueprints were shared with Ford and Willy's to help meet the demand.
Although the Bantam Car Co. closed in 1956, Butler still has a deep love for Jeeps. Butler hosts the Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival annually, and holds the Guinness World Record for the Largest Jeep Parade! The record was set in 2015 when 2,420 Jeeps paraded through the city of Butler to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the original Bantam Jeep.
March 29, 2018
March 1, 2018
Employee Appreciation Day
Did you know? National Employee Appreciation Day is celebrated on the first Friday in March in the United States and Canada.
BWI Eagle is marking this day with a luncheon and new team T-shirts for everyone. Since we all look so wonderful in our new T-shirts, we decided it would be a good day to take a new team photo.
We're really happy with the new employee photo, but accomplishing such a professional looking shot, with this gang, wasn't as easy as you might think...
February 23, 2018
Sandy Celebrates 25 Years of Service with BWI Eagle!
The BWI Eagle gang took some time out today to celebrate with Sandy on her 25th anniversary of employment. We are so fortunate to have Sandy on our team, and look forward to many more years together!
December 21, 2017
We at BWI would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year! We will be closed December 22nd - January 1st, 2018. We will resume normal business hours on January 2nd, 2018.
Introducing our New & Improved Handheld Transmitters!
You spoke, We Listened!
At BWI Eagle our customers are always our top priority! Every decision we make is customer inspired and your feedback fuels our design process.
So, it is with thanks to you and your suggestions, that we proudly introduce our newly designed handheld transmitters!
- More rugged enclosure with rubberized outer ring provides easier grip with better moisture and impact protection
- Improved membrane switch with carbon overlay allows for more button actuations
- Highly adhesive label adheres more tightly to membrane switch for a better seal against dirt & moisture
- Redesigned battery compartment uses rugged spring clips to eliminate loose battery contacts and make battery replacement easier
- Nine button transmitter now uses AA batteries for 3-4 times the battery life
- Sleek contemporary design is as unique as the high quality RF technology inside!